- 450g/1lb Split peas, pre soaked
- Salt and Pepper
- Bouquet Garni
- 1 Medium Onion, quartered
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 2 Eggs
1. Place the soaked peas in a pan with fresh water Add the salt, pepper,
herbs and onions, bring to the boil then cover and simmer very gently
for 2 1/2 hours adding more water if necessary.
2. Strain of any excess water and remover and discard the herbs and onion.
Pass the peas through a sieve or beat hard to break them up. Beat in the
egg and butter and season well.
3. Put into a greased heatproof pudding basin, cover with foil and steam for 1 hour.
Serve hot with bacon joints.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.