Hollygog Pudding originates from Oxfordshire. A robust and sustaining Oxfordshire farmhouse pudding. A golden-crusted traditional pudding.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- a little water
- half a pint of milk
- a pinch of salt
- a little extra butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F, 200°C or Gas Mark 6
2. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl and rub in the butter.
3. Add water to form a dough and then roll out into a rectangle approximately one quarter of an inch thick.
4. Spread the syrup over the pastry, and then roll into a roll.
5. Place into a greased ovenproof dish and pour in the milk.
6. Dot the top of the pudding with a little extra butter and then bake for 30-40 minutes.
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.